The Thrive Approach
What does it take to develop healthy, happy, confident children who are ready and open to learning? Recent advances in neuroscience, attachment theory and child development have provided some of the answers to this question.
We have been using the Thrive Approach at South Green since 2016 to support children develop self confidence, improved self esteem and resilience.
The Thrive Approach draws on insights from these fields to provide a powerful way of working with children and young people that supports optimal social and emotional development. In particular, the Approach equips you to work in a targeted way with children and young people who have struggled with difficult life events to help them re-engage with life and learning.
Parents and carers
The Thrive Approach can help you to look at your child’s behaviour and get more understanding of what is happening for them in their world.
- Do you want to know how to better support your child to thrive?
- Are you interested to know how your child’s emotional and social skills are developing? Does your child’s behaviour puzzle you?
- Are you keen to know what the age-appropriate emotional skills might be for your child?
- Are you concerned about some aspect of your child’s growing up?
- Would you like some ideas about things to do with your child that would be helpful to her/his brain development?
Thrive-Online can help
You could answer some simple questions and check how your child or children are developing in terms of their social skills.
You can get some simple practical suggestions about what to do with them to build resilience. You can help them to concentrate, get interested, make friends, stay with an activity… the list is almost endless. Most of all you can get some more ideas of how to have fun and really enjoy being together..
Please contact Mrs Servantes or Mrs Benjeddi for more information.